Friday, August 8, 2008

Cheese Filled Meatloaf...



I found this recipe in a back issue of Taste Of Home Magazine. This is a delicious meatloaf. I am not sure how healthy it is with the sour cream and cheese in the middle, but it was good for a once and awhile special treat! The original recipe called for rubbed sage, I don't like sage, so I left it out. I used less sour cream and it turned out fine. I think even light sour cream would work well. It took longer to bake than 65 minutes, so I used my meat thermometer to tell me when it was done. It was close to an hour and a half. Don't let rolling the meat intimidate you, it is very easy to do. Use foil and not wax paper, it will stick to wax paper. If you like cheese and green olives... you're going to love this! Enjoy!


1/2 C. milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 C. crushed cornflakes
1/2 C. finely chopped onion
3 Tbsp. finely chopped celery
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
1/4 tsp. pepper
1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef

1 C. (8 ounces) sour cream
1 C. (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 C. sliced pimiento-stuffed olives


In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
On a large piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle.

Spread sour cream to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with cheese and olives.

Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling away foil while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.

Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°.

Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.

No comments: