Saturday, August 23, 2008

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies...

In recent years I have been so disappointed with my old chocolate chip cookie recipe. My cookies always seemed to flatten out with little bumps where the chocolate chips were. I tried all the baking tips on how to fix the problem, but none seemed to work. Then I found this recipe on the back of a bag of flour last week and decided to give it a try. I think I found the best chocolate chip recipe. My husband says they taste like his Grandma's. So this recipe is a keeper!


1 ½ C. Butter or margarine. softened
1 1/4 C. Sugar
1 1/4 C. Brown sugar, packed
1 Tbsp. Vanilla
2 eggs
4 C. All purpose flour
2 tsp. Baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 (12 ounce) bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs until light and fluffy.
Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Dough will be stiff.
Stir in chocolate chips.
On an un-greased cookie sheet drop by tablespoon or a cookie scoop 2 inches apart.
Flatten slightly.Bake 11-13 minutes;
Cool 1-2 minutes on the cookie sheet, remove from cookie sheet and cool on cooling rack.
Makes about 6 dozen cookies

.Nut lovers: Stir in 2 cups of coarsely chopped nuts with the chocolate chips.The original recipe called for 2 bags of chocolate chips I opted for one bag and I thought it was a perfect amount of chocolate. With nuts and 2 cups of chocolate chips, these cookies would be full of goodness

No comments: