Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cranberry Mousse...


This is my favorite recipe using cranberries. I have made it for years and it has become a family favorite. I've tried using various brands of whole berry cranberry sauce, but I always go back to Ocean Spray. I have made this with and without the pecans, but in recent years I have made it mostly without, because the grandchildren will eat it without the nuts. It is good either way. I originally found this recipe in a magazine. I am not sure if it was a recipe advertising Jell-O or cranberries. I hope if you try this your family will enjoy this as much as mine does.

1-20 oz. can crushed pineapple in juice

1-6 oz. pkg. strawberry Jell-O

1 C. water

1 can whole berry cranberry sauce

3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice

1 tsp. fresh grated lemon peel ( I use orange)

1 /4 tsp. ground nutmeg

2 C. sour cream

1/2 C. chopped pecans


Drain pineapple well, reserving liquid.

Add juice to Jell-O in a 2 quart saucepan.Stir in water.Heat to boiling and stir to dissolve gelatin.

Blend in cranberry sauce with a fork until blended. (Lumps dissolved.)

Add lemon juice, peel and nutmeg.


Chill until mixture thickens slightly.

Blend in sour cream.

Fold in pineapple and pecans.


Chill until firm in a bowl or mold.

No comments: