Sunday, October 26, 2008

California Pilaf...

When I was 15 years old I worked after school for a doctor and his family. Today I would probably be called a Nanny. I went with them on vacation and after school activities and I cooked dinner every night for the children. One of this family's favorite meals was this recipe.

1 lb. lean ground beef'
2 Tbsp. oil
4 ounce can chopped ripe olives (1/2 cup)
1/2 C. chopped bell pepper
1/3 C. chopped onion
1 small garlic clove, minced
1/3 C. rice, uncooked
2 C. hot water
6 ounce can tomato paste
1/1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper.

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown meat in oil and add remaining ingredients.
Bake one hour.

1 comment:

sherry said...

Mmm. This looks good! I have some cooked ground beef in the freezer. I can put this together easy schmeasy for dinner on Friday. yum. Thank you!