Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Apple Oatmeal Cookies...

This is my friend Tina's recipe. They were delicious and the apples were picked from her own trees.

1 C. brown sugar, firmly packed
½ C. white sugar or honey (I used sugar)
¾ C. butter, softened
1 large egg
½ C. applesauce
1 C. fresh apple, peeled and finely chopped (I used 1 ½ C. of fresh apple instead of applesauce)

Cream sugars and butter together; add egg and blend; stir in apples.

Add flour mixture below and blend. Add raisins if desired.

2 ½ C. flour
1 C. oatmeal ( I used old fashioned oats)
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon (I used 1 ¼ tsp. of apple pie spice instead of cinnamon and cloves)
¼ tsp. cloves
1 C. raisins (opt.)

Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet, 1 ½ inches apart.
Bake @ 350 degrees, 9 – 12 minutes.

Yield: 3 dozen

No comments: