Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sweet Potato Casserole...

I love this recipe for the holidays. My son had this dish served to him when he was on bussiness in Mississippi and later was sent the recipe. Our family is sure she did! I have cut down on the sugar by a quater of a cup. I only mash the potatoes just a little bit. I have posted the recipe just as it was sent to us. Enjoy!

3 cups mashed potatoes (I use canned potatoes)
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/3 oleo stick
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix these together and put in greased casserole dish.

Topping:
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour (self rising)
1 cup chopped nuts ( I use pecans)
1/3 stick melted oleo

(I mix these together and use my hands to just sprinkle on top.)

Bake 35 min. at 350 degrees. (Sometimes I let it cook longer so it will set up a bit more. I like it more firm than thin.)

2 comments:

a portland granny said...

That sounds delicious! It must be almost a dessert...and custardy hopefully. I will have to make some for Thanksgiving. I always love your recipes, so will enjoy using some during the holiday, I know.

sherry said...

I make a similar recipe. It's sooo good...love sweet potatoes prepared this way!