Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spaghetti Pizza Deluxe...

My family always loves this dish. I usually double the recipe and bake it in my lasagna pan. (Pictured above.) I have also used ground turkey. When using the jelly roll pan the spaghetti is thinner and more crust like. I package up any of the leftovers for my husband's lunches. It freezes well. Enjoy!

7 oz. spaghetti
1/2 C. skim milk
1 egg, beaten

1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. pepper

2 C. sliced fresh mushrooms
2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese


Prepare the spaghetti and drain. In medium bowl blend milk, egg and spaghetti, toss to coat.

Spray a 15x10 inch jellyroll pan with Pam. Spread spaghetti mixture evenly in pan..
In a large skillet cook beef, onion, bell pepper and garlic until beef is done

Add tomato sauce and seasonings, simmer 5 minutes.
Spoon meat mixture evenly over spaghetti.

Top with mushrooms and cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.

No comments: