Friday, December 12, 2008

Mom's Fudge...

This was originally called Mame Eisenhower Fudge. But to me it's my Mom's fudge because she made it every year for my dad. he loved it and she would have to hide half of it just so he wouldn't eat it.

Warm to soften: I put mine in a Dutch oven and warm my oven and turn it off. You want the chocolate to soften nor melt.
2 C. semi sweet chocolate chips,
3 pkgs. Baker German Chocolate bars, broken in pieces
1-8 oz. jar marshmallow cream
2 C. chopped nuts

In a saucepan bring to a boil and boil 6 min:
4 1/2 C. sugar
pinch of salt
2 Tbsp. butter
1 can evaporated milk
Pour the sugar mixture over the chocolates, marshmallow and nuts. Beat with a wooden spoon. Do this quickly so it won’t set up.
Pour into a pan the size of a jelly roll pan. Let set until firm, usually over night.
Makes 5 pounds of fudge.

No comments: