Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup...


2lbs. lean ground beef, browned, (I have used ground turkey and even half beef and half turkey)
28 ounce can tomato sauce
28 ounce can whole tomatoes (I prefer petite diced tomatoes)
2 C. cooked brown rice...or any rice you prefer
4 C. chopped green and red peppers
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 C. brown sugar
salt and pepper

Add all the ingredients together. Simmer 45 minutes or until peppers are tender it can be simmered longer.

My friend Tina made this soup for us one rainy day when my husband and I went to visit them at the beach. It quickly became my husbands favorite soup and I have made it many times. It freezes well. I make up little containers to pack for his lunches.

Even though we live in Southern California I make soup all summer long. I might be crazy but I love soup and this one is a keeper!

1 comment:

Mrs.T said...

MMM-mmm, this sounds delicious! I need to try this. We like soup even in summer, but not on the hottest day. We have a church progressive dinner coming up on Labor Day and I have agreed to make soup. Just might try this for one of the courses!